Mr. A N PRAKASH
Mr. A N Prakash, heads A N Prakash Construction Project Management Consultants Pvt. Ltd., which provides Construction Project Management services to a wide clientele consisting of developers, builders, intermediaries and end-users in the built environment sector of the Construction Industry.
He pioneered this concept in 1986, and has converted the company into a well-known player in the consulting space in South India. A recent survey by an independent agency has placed the company on a 100% first recall in South India wherever a project is more than Rs.100 Mn. About 15% of the major players in West India and 7% of the major players in North India also count ANP CPMC as a leading player in the construction project management space. Today the company operates from Bangalore, Hyderabad, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Jaipur and many other sites across South and North India.
He brings over 45 years of work experience in Construction Management across a wide spectrum of projects such as Industrial Structures, Multi-storeyed commercial and residential buildings, Luxury Hotels, Pharma Plants, Commercial Malls, Educational Institutions and other buildings both in India and abroad. He is well established as a specialist construction management professional in the hospitality sector having delivered a number of hotels for the Oberoi chain, Taj Group and Welcome Group.
He has worked with leading engineering and architectural consulting firms in India and abroad such as:
- M/s Gherzi Eastern Ltd., Mumbai, India
- M/s Stein, Doshi & Bhalla, New Delhi, India
- M/s SEMAC Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore, India
- M/s Saudi Real Estate Co., Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- M/s East India Hotels Ltd., India
Passionately interested in continuing education for the engineering professionals, he has founded the School for Construction Management Excellence (S-CME) in 2011 to train engineers at all levels – recently graduated, mid-level construction professionals and senior level construction professionals in recent advances in construction management, field engineering practices, quality assurance and control practices, quantity surveying and contract management.
- Fellow – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Fellow – Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India)
- Fellow – Indian Plumbing Association
- Hon. Fellow – Indian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Life member – Indian Concrete Institute
- Member – American Society of Civil Engineers (USA)
- Member – Project Management Institute (USA)
FELICITATIONS AND AWARDS
- 1996: for ‘Significant contribution to Innovation and Excellence in Industrial Structures’ by Lions club of Bangalore South.
- 2009: for ‘Contribution to the Civil Engineering Industry’ by the Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India), Bangalore Chapter on the Engineer’s day.
- 2012: ‘Eminent Engineer for his contribution to the field of Construction Project Management’ by Civil Aid Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (a Bureau Veritas Company).
- 2016: for ‘his inspiring contribution to the Civil Engineering Industry’ by Brigade group on Engineer’s day.
- 2017: for contribution to corporate world, “Award of Excellence” jointly by University of Engineering and Management (UEM) Jaipur and University of Engineering and Management (UEM) Kolkata.
- 2017: contribution to the field of construction management and building successful entrepreneurs APJ Abdul Kalam Memorial Award “Viswakarma_” for Excellence in Construction Management instituted by International School of Business and Research
- 2017: ICI (BC) – Ultratech Endowment award for ‘Outstanding Concrete Engineer of Karnataka’ 2017.
- 2018: ACCE (I) GAURAV AWARD for significant contribution to Civil Engineering Consultancy.
- 2018: Project Management Institute (PMI) India Chapter. New Delhi.
TECHNICAL PAPER PRESENTED
- “Emergent Project Management: How Foreign Managers can Leverage Local Knowledge”. International Journal of Project Management. www.elsevier.com/locate/ijproman – (Co-authored with Dr. Arkalgud Ramprasad)
- “Fostering Culture of Knowledge Sharing in Project Management” Proceedings of the 42nd Hawaii International conference on system sciences January 2009 (Co-authored with Dr. Arkalgud Ramprasad) http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1325823
- “Construction Project Management Systems – An Ontological Framework” International Project Management held at Pune in 2011 by PMI. (Co-authored with Mr. Nagesh Ramamurthy) http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2062696